Authentic Christian Community
The Catholic school aspires to be an authentic Christian community that builds quality relationships modelled on the vision and values of Jesus. An authentic Christian school community supports the dignity of each person, practises Christian hospitality and proclaims its values through word and action.
Proclaiming Values through Word and Action
- Links to the wider parish community through celebration of weekday Friday masses in the school hall with classes and parishioners.
- Engagement between classes and Parish Priest within the context of preparation for attendance at weekly Friday parish mass.
- The creation and use of our St Benedict's school prayer at weekly student assemblies.
- The adoption of the Benedictine charisms of sustainability and stewardship by the year five classes through their promotion of recycling within the school community.
Supporting Dignity through Christian Hospitality
- The P&F "Welcome BBQ" and "Market Days" bringing together various levels of the community.
- The school "Buddy" program, bringing together members of the school community of different ages, making them feel part of the school community.
- Annual Prep "Grandparents, Mothers and Fathers" celebrations designed to help make them feel part of our school community.
- The adoption of "Pastoral Care Parents" throughout the school, who link with the school Pastoral Care Coordinator and APRE to offer assistance to members of the community in need.